Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Matt Wertz @ Borders. Nashville.

Matt Wertz played a free show at the Borders West End in Nashville on September 16th. My best friend is in love with the man and dragged me with her. Because I had never seen him live, I had not a clue what to expect. One fourth of the store was packed, mostly with kids from Vanderbuilt University. We arrived early, yet had to sit on the floor because all seats were taken. When he sat down on his stool and started to play, I was pleasantly surprised. The mini soundcheck he did prior to the show was even entertaining. I could have sat on that carpeted floor all night and listened to the man sing.

Wertz is a singer/songwriter type with an acoustic guitar and melodic put-you-in-a-happy-mood songs. He was promoting his new album, "Under Summer Sun", which includes handpicked songs from past albums, plus a few new tunes. My personal faves are "Carolina" and "5:19". If you enjoy the type of music that is light and mellow while still giving you the urge to tap your feet, run [don't walk] to your local record store and buy Wertz' new album.



Wertz [in white] from the floor's view
*Check Matt out @ www.myspace.com/mattwertz

No comments: