Monday, October 27, 2008

Ben Folds on the Phone!

Okay, so Genevieve is a very excited little girl right now. Again, this has nothing to do with live music, but it does involve an unarguably talented, well-known musician, so listen up.


My best friend lives in Nashville, TN. She was in her local Panera Bread while talking to me on the phone when suddenly, who walks in? Ben Folds. Hello. The two of us have loved him since our awkward days in Jr. High. His album "Rockin' the Suburbs" reminds me of my senior prom because I listened to it on repeat while getting ready. Anywho, my friend approached him. They exchanged a few words, then... she put him on the phone. "Hello best friend", he said to me, seeming to be in a wonderful mood. He asked how I was. Then I said something dumb and fan-girl-ish like, "I friggin LOVE you!" to which he replied, "I love you too". I asked what he was doing and he said, "Just having a healthy meal here at Panera". I said something dumb again like, "Rockin'..." and he said, "Definitely! Well, it was good talking to you for like 2 seconds!" I thanked him and he told me to have a good day. He later signed things for my friend and was very personable the whole time, despite trying to have dinner with his family.


So, my dear blog-reading friends, if you ever wondered whether or not Ben Folds was a pompous jerk, the answer is: Ben Folds is not a pompous jerk. He is a friendly, down-to-earth guy who likes eating at Panera [specifically tomato soup and a sandwich, or so I was told].


Support Ben Folds. He is one cool dude.

2 comments:

m said...

Groupie! :)

AML said...

This girl really knows how to write for being so young and so well versed. This blog isn't just a place to get music information and read about bands, it's a place to experience a young writer's poetic words at work.