Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Crash Moderns

A friend suggested checking out a band called The Crash Moderns... something about his teacher being a guitarist. I'm not one to ignore a request, so I typed them into myspace and got this:

A default photo of the group of 5, one of whom I could have sworn was a girl with his slim facial features and accessive amounts of make up. Looks aren't everything, though, and I decided not to judge by a picture alone. This is, after all, only about the music.

The first song, "Where'd all the Scene Girls Go?" shot through my speakers and instantly made me groan and make that face. You know, the one you make everytime Miley Cyrus appears on your television. The title says it all anyway.

I gave the other songs a chance, but it was the same thing; like a cheesy band from the 80's who never even made it to the radio. Their song "Pimp My Life Oh Oh Oh" somehow made it into the trailer of the box office bomber "The Rocker", but if you want my honest opinion, that will be their only shining moment, with lyrics like "I don't need your money or your drugs or your love or your California sun". Yeah, and I don't need to hear your music again, but thanks anyway.

No comments: