Thursday, November 20, 2008

Sooner or Later, You'll Love Michael Tolcher

Does anyone remember that show that Kelly Osbourne was in a few years ago? I think it was called "Life as We Know It" and was about teenagers and their hardships through high school life. If you know this show, you may recognize Michael Tolcher. His single "Sooner or Later" served as the theme song, with lyrics like "Sooner or later, we'll be looking back on everything. We'll laugh about it like we knew what all was happening". Appropriate. The show didn't last, but Tolcher keeps on truckin'.

I first saw this man play a live show in the fall of 2004 and he's continued to blow my mind since. Mind you, he currently has only one album out, titled "I Am", but that record is enough to hold your attention for years, with uplifting, lessons-to-be-learned-infused songs like "Mission Responsible" and my personal favorite, "Kings In Castles". Upon listening, they have the ability to make you feel as if you're on your way to the beach in the sunniest of summers. In other words, if you need an energy/everything's-gonna-be-alright boost, tune in to the music of Michael Tolcher. In addition to the album, Tolcher has created many non-released songs which you can find at his shows or on various online websites. My favorites include "Suggestion Box", "Emerge" and "A Thousand Miles".

I've met Tolcher numerous times and he's been nothing but sweet and personable on each encounter. He goes out of his way to connect with fans and you can tell he enjoys every bit of it, almost as much as he enjoys making music. He's a genuinely cool guy and I would love if you'd give him a chance and just listen.

Currently, Michael Tolcher has an EP out which is available on iTunes. He's also on a U.S. tour from now until mid December. To check out tour dates and to listen to his music, click here: http://www.myspace.com/michaeltolcher

This video is from a show at The House of Blues, SC in Jan. '07. Michael never played my favorite song on stage, so he was nice enough to take my friend and I backstage and record it for me acapella. It's called "Suggestion Box".